Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Reading

I am one of those teachers that LOVES to READ! I read a lot of professional books and magazines, but   I enjoy children's literature the most. It's not to say that I don't read adult books, but because of time I read mostly kids. I do this because I love to be able to talk about books with my students and I also want to be able to recommend books to my students. Since I am moving to 5th grade next year it seems like I have had to make a small leap. Thanks to the world of blogging I've been able to get some good recommendations. Also the kids in the neighborhood are a great resource as well. Here are a few books I have finished.

My Professional Book Stack




This book encompasses the Reading Workshop Approach. Many books are filled with only theory and that is great, but I am often left with O.K. what do I do in my class now? This book not only gives you information on comprehension theory and instruction, it also gives detailed steps to help acquire the strategies to help with comprehension. There are also mini-lessons provided to help integrate comprehension instruction into your everyday reading lessons.



This book has great ideas in setting up your writer's notebook. Aimee is a 4th grade teacher and it is wonderful to have the perspective of someone who is in the classroom. I enjoyed this one so much that I also read this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment