With everything that has gone on, I was was thrilled when Stephanie from Forever in Fifth nominated my blog for the Liebster Award! This award is for new blogs with less than 200 followers. It is a great feeling for someone to recognize your efforts. I still feel very new to this, but when I look back to where I started I can definitely see progress. I keep reminding myself to be patient. I am so thankful for all those amazing bloggers that leave tutorials and those that are always willing to help. It truly shows that teaching is a profession of service because everyone is always so willing to help.
To accept the Liebster nomination I must do the following:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me.
2. Nominate 5 -11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted by my nominator.
4. Answer 11 random facts about myself.
5. Create 11 questions for my nominees.
6. Contact my nominees to let them know I nominated them.
Let me answer Stephanie's questions:
1. What is the best book you read this summer?
It is always so hard for me to answer this question. I love to read books. Professional and Children's books seem to be what I read the most this summer. My favorite children's books where Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea and Laugh with the Moon by Shana Burg. My favorite professional read was Notebook Know-How Strategies for Writer's Notebook by Aimee Buckner and Ralph Fletcher.
2. What is your hardest food to resist?
I love french fries!
3. What is the best thing about the grade level you teach?
This will be my first year in fifth, so I'm going to say probably that they can work independently.
4. If you had to move to a different grade level, what would it be, and why?
I would move to 3rd grade because I taught this grade for several years and love that the students get excited about everything and they love their teacher!
5. What is your favorite vacation destination?
My favorite vacation destination is New York City and the Florida beaches (my hometown).
6. What is your favorite thing to do unrelated to school?
I love to spend time with my family. I have 4 kids and the older they get the harder it is to spend time together. I cherish those moments.
7. If I could meet any celebrity who would it be?
This is tough because I'm not a celebrity kind of person, but if I had to pick one it would be Pope Francis. He is not really a celebrity in the eyes of many, but someone I admire and would love to meet.
8. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be?
I would be a nurse.
9. What is your favorite all time read aloud?
This is tough there are so many! I am going to go with one of the last one I read Wonder by R.J. Palacio.
10. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Definitely a dog person
11. What would you tell a college student considering being a teacher?
I would tell them it is not any easy job, but it is rewarding if you are passionate about learning. Many people go into teaching because they have summers off, little do they know you need those summers to prepare for the coming year. Patience and a passion for learning is key!
That was harder than I thought!
11 random facts about me...
1. I love gummy bears!
2. I am a Miami Hurricanes Fan.
3. I love to read.
4. My favorite food is Thai food.
5. I love children's books.
6. I love living on the coast.
7. I have 4 beautiful kids and love being a Mom!
8. If I could have 1 wish it would be to rich, so that I could help others.
9. I wish I could work in a children's hospital as a teacher.
10. I love sharing and collaborating with teachers.
11. I love dogs.
My nominees for Liebster:
1. Vanessa at Kinder Loves
2. Leslie Ann at Life in Fifth Grade
3. Tammy at Mrs. Bourne's Literacy News
4. Cindy at Teacher Blog Stalker
5. Ms. K at Teacher Blog Spot
Here you go:
1. What made you decide to go into teaching?
2. What is your favorite things to do to get ready for school?
3. Tell about your favorite school memory.
4. What is the best thing about the school you teach at?
5. Who inspires you?
6. Any advice for new teachers?
7. What's your favorite subject?
8. Do you use technology in your classroom? If so, what?
9. What is the last book you read?
10. If you could do anything, what would it be?
11. What is your favorite quote?