Tuesday, July 2, 2013

More Summer Reading

I just listed 3 professional books I recently read. Now this is my current children's books.

My Children's Book Stack





I wasn't so sure about this book, but once I started it was hard to put down. I loved the suspense and it is a great book to use to teach inferencing about characters. I chose this book because I read Steven Layne's book Igniting a Passion for Reading another must read (for teachers) and thought I would give it a try. I admire an author that can write for teachers as well as students.



This book was on the 5th grade reading list for one of my neighbors. I loved it and Dan Gutman has several great books. What kid wouldn't love to have a homework machine! There are some funny parts. The way it is written is perfect for reluctant readers because it is broken up into different personal narratives about each character and their involvement with the homework machine. Also it is the perfect springboard to talk about friendships and how many times we judge a book by its cover (a person) and friendships are about getting to know the person. Sometimes what we perceive on the outside is not what is on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment