Friday, June 7, 2013

End of Year

"Trust in what you love, continue to do it, and it will take you where you need to go." 
 - Natalie Goldberg 

      My dream has always been to be a teacher and for the past 18 years I have been one. As each year passes I reflect on the things my students have taught me. This is the amazing thing about teaching. You end up learning just as much about yourself and life as the students you teach. This gives me the ability to continue to grow in my profession. I am incredibly grateful to the students, families, and staff at Blessed Sacrament School. You have left your footprints in my heart.
     I will be making a change to my parish school next year. I will continue my vocation in Catholic Education. I will be teaching 5th grade and have a new challenge ahead of me. My passion is in reading and writing, so this summer I will be reading books for 5th graders and I will also be attending the Advance Writing Institute with the Coastal Savannah Writing Project. I hope to post book reviews and anything new I can share with the teaching community.

No comments:

Post a Comment